Tuesday 27 September 2011

Production Journal 1 - Music Video Brief

Last week we received our music video briefs. However the briefs did not reflect the sort of music I wanted to use in my music video. After going through my Ipod, I found a song that could very easily be turned into a music video, but also reflect my style of music.

I chose Thin Lizzy's 1976 Jailbreak, as I could easily illustrate the story of the music video in my head. I could also use the school as a location for the 'Jail break' scenes. With refer to anarchy and rebellion with students, and trying to escape undetected by the staff. With the use of CCTV images, I could refer to the notion of looking, whilst illustrating the narrative.

I can also portray my artists image of an traditional Irish rocker, whilst being contemporary with the image.

Also for the performance I could use spotlights, but also red and blue light to reflect the influence to the law and the rebellion. But another idea I had was that I could use criminal mug shots in the music video of different students, with name plaques.

Now I have some ideas, I can easily start my story board, after researching into the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment