Thursday 29 December 2011

Test Edit 2/ Analysis



Alterations to make:

Here is the first full test edit for my music. There are still some alterations I want to make, including adding some footage of the lead singer in detention, to highlight rebellions against the institution against the school. But also an image of them standing all together in a line up with the word detention to highlight the similarities between school life and a penitentiary.

There are also edits I want to the footage I have already added to this test edit specifically, add some more colour variations between sets of footage. To highlight the different shots between band members, and enhance their overall identity in the music video.

I also want to add more splits screens at the end, with each of the band members in each corner and the lead singer in the middle, to finally highlight the persona of the band.

Analysis of what I have done so far:

I have used specifically black and white footage, to reference the desaturation of identity and demoralization that school can bring to individual children. Making them conform to society consensus norms and values. But it is also to reinforce the old school style of music videos, that are also performance based.

There is a section where I have used 3 split screens at the same time, of the lead singer in close up, when he beings to sing the first verse. This is to highlight who the lead singer is and the edgy-ness of this video . I have also used another split screen (at the beginning) of close ups of the lead guitar, to highlight the genre of the music video and that this video will be mostly performance base.

In a section before the chorus. I have used the crop tools to zoom in at different points during a section of the footage, which acts like a cut effect, to give the video a more edgy effect and gets the audience in suspense of the chorus.  I have also used flash transitions in the program I have to make the cuts more dramatic at the beginning, with the intro, which has a heavy, rocky base line.

I have also used different shots of the lead singer, moving along to the guitar and drum solos, to highlight the head banging associated with the genre, but also to make a link between visuals and the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment